April 5, 2013
Inspiration board? Design board? Mood board? What should I call them? I decided on Inspiration Board because not everything pictured will be purchased and/or created. It’s truly an inspiration for what I want to see in my next little man’s room! We don’t plan to do anything to the nursery right now because it works well from what we had with Kuy. When we move, though, this is what I have planned….or aspire to create!
- This is a printable that I made! ! I adapted these ideas from none other than….Pinterest ! How’d you know? Grab it here: Free Printable
- Oh, how I love this chevron sheet in navy from Pottery Barn Kids! Since we can’t have a bumper for about six months, I wanted something cute for the bed since the fabric in picture #4 will be his crib skirt.
- (and #12) This elephant basket is perfect for right beside his changing table! We found an old piece of furniture at Habitat for Humanity Restore that I am itching to paint so I can’t wait to add this perfect little accessory….just the right touch of a youthful, baby feel. Using this material, I think it’d tie it together so well to add just a couple of pillows.
- (and #14) How amazing that I found this pillow! When I first suggested mint and navy to my husband, he wasn’t sold. We went shopping at our local fabric warehouse and found this fabric. A month later, here is this pillow on One Kings Lane!
- I have started this mobile but I’m anxious to add some elephants.
- This is my inspiration. Mrs. Wigglebottom’s tutorial is incredible! I have a chair from high school that my parents gave me. While on a quick trip to IKEA, we picked up a white slipcover and plan to add the swivel/rocker base. P.S. I ordered a gray pouf from Target’s new line Threshold for our living room but I’m thinking it would make the perfect ottoman like Mrs. Wigglebottom uses! Even better, I got it on sale for $30!
- I can’t find the link to this little elephant but I think he is precious!
- I found this little basket somewhere but then upon searching for the link, I found this one from Ethan Allen that I think I like better. A little out of my budget so I will probably keep searching…this is just an inspiration board, right?
- Ahh…. John and Sherry and their amazingness blows my mind! I adore everything about them and this lighting line from Shades of Light is just ahhhmazing! I think this little ikat design drum shade pendant would be perfect!
- Another printable I made that I will certainly link soon! For some reason, the background keeps changing when I try to link it.
- I can’t find this side table either and it breaks my heart because I really wanted it beside the rocker.
- See #3!
- I have loved searching for rugs for our living room and other rooms. I really wanted a round rug so I’m hoping this rug will work!
- See #4!
- I love this little pillow that makes it also seem like it’s for a baby…kind of polka dots, but just in an ikat fashion!
- I found this outdoor pillow at Pier 1 . I’m going with a trend, I know…but I’m just loving stripes right now! I also figured it’d be great for a boy’s room since it’s made of outdoor material. It’s a little brighter than the fabric, but in the design world, it’s okay to have a slightly different shade in the same room, right?
What do you think? What do you call your boards?